Sunday 13 April 2014

April WIP's

What do I have on my needles right now?  I meant to do this at the beginning of the month.  I'll try to do this at the beginning of the month from now on.

 1. Sunset Purse

Pattern: Tosh Purse 
Unknown sock yarn that has been in my stash so long I lost the label.
Needles: size 2.5 mm
One side knit on circulars all at one time

Decided I like knitting each triangle by itself better.  I'm seaming as I go so that I don't have endless seams at the end.

2.Grey Long-Sleeve Cardigan

Pattern: Carrie Cropped Flare Sleeve Cardigan
Yarn: Americo Original Copito Medeo
Needles: size 11, 8 mm
Original pattern is a cropped cardigan with flared sleeves.  I've made the sleeves with the lace inset but adjusted the stitch count so there isn't a flare to the sleeve.  I've had to rip out the bottom again.  I increased too much so it was too wide and too short.  Fortunately it's a bulky yarn to its going back in quite fast.

3. Grey Star

Pattern: Icelandic Star
Yarn: Swish Worsted by Knit Picks
Needles - 5 mm

I'm excited about how this one is shaping up.  I'm hoping to finish this weekend and still wear it through April and May on the cooler days before it gets packed away till the fall.

4. Fairisle Toddler Raglan Hoodie

Pattern: Toddler Raglan Hoodie
Yarn: Swish Worsted by Knit Picks
Needles: 4.5 mm

I saw this cute sweater set: CoolBreeze Collection
by Tanis Fiber Arts with an adult sweater and coordinating baby sweater.  I'm using my yarn leftover from my Grey Star sweater to make a coordinating sweater for my daughter. But the CoolBreeze Collection is going on my Christmas wish list.

5. Toasty Vest

Pattern: Schoolboy Vest
Yarn: Swish Worsted Knit Picks
Needles: 4.5 mm

I just had to get this pattern and cast it on as soon as I saw it on the Tanis Fiber Arts blog. I'm making it for my son for the few cooler days in April but then hopefully it will still fit in the fall.

6. Blue Hoodie

Pattern: Olive Branch Hoodie
Yarn: cotton yarn
Needles: 4.5 mm

This yarn used to be a sweater . . that I wore occasionally but it was really heavy.  The pattern called for 2 strands of yarn held together.  I decided to take the sweater apart and knit something with a single strand of yarn.  I've cast on for the hood using Judy's magic cast on so I don't have a seam.  I cast on a while ago just to make sure this would work and that I have a project ready to once I finish my Grey Star.





No comments:

Post a Comment