Thursday 17 April 2014

Grey Star Cardigan - Finished

I finished my Icelandic Star Cardigan.  Blocked, ends woven in and stars embroidered on the collar! I love it.  The Knit Picks Swish yarn is so soft.  It is warm but not too warm for April and so lightweight.
Embroidered Stars
Pattern: Icelandic Star by Sara Hoadley in Interweave Knits, Winter 2009
Yarn: Swish Worsted by Knit Picks
Needles - 5 mm
My pattern details on Ravelry




I've been wearing it for 2 days straight. I have it on over my pyjamas right now. I will definitely be using the Swish yarn again. It is so nice feeling on my neck. 

This has been a fairly simple knit.  The colourwork adds interest the the knitting process with stockinette stitch in between.  I didn't enjoy knitting the twisted rib stitch on the edges but I do like how it looks. What's your favourite cardigan pattern?

No comments:

Post a Comment