Tuesday 29 April 2014

Past Projects: Green Sea Shawl

Since I've only started blogging recently I have so many projects that I've knit in the past that I haven't  shared. So I'm starting a series called Past Projects where I will share as much as I remember about the project.  I wasn't very good about keeping information about my yarn so I don't always remember what kind of yarn I used.

 First project I want to share is the Blossom Silk-Sea Shawl from the book 101 Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders. 
Yarn: Fleece Artist - silk/wool/seacell blend (I think)
It is a beautiful but easy lace pattern. 
I made this for my mom to wear at my wedding in 2008.  Turned out to be one of the hottest days of the summer so it didn't get worn then. My mom has worn it a few times to some of her dancing (my parent's go dancing at least once a week!) but she is always really warm so she doesn't wear it much.

This was one of my first lace things I knit and I love how it turned out!  Got me hooked on knitting lace things for sure.

I borrowed the shawl back from my mom a while ago to wear to a party. For some reason I haven't given it back yet. I've been wearing it as a scarf.

Doesn't it look great?  I'll give it back when she asks for it but right now I'm enjoying my hard work! Have you ever knit something for someone then acquired it back because they don't seem to use it much? 

No comments:

Post a Comment