Saturday 31 May 2014

Not Much Knitting

The weather here in Ontario has finally gotten beautiful and warm.  I'm spending so much time outside with my kids. With the warmer weather comes deck weather and BBQ time.  Our deck is in such bad shape that we've been working on giving it a mini-makeover  . . .because we can't afford to replace it. We've been in our house 6 years and the balcony is about 12 years old and the lower deck over 20 years old.

Here's what it looked like before: 




Faded, ripped cushions that get dripping wet with the slightest bit of rain.



Phase 1: Replace rotting stairs with narrower set and put in a railing section and make new cushion covers


New Steps and Railing

New, clean cushion covers that are water resistant!

I think I need to sit out there right now!

Now I have a nice place to sit and knit out my yard.  The next phase of the deck makeover is to put a baby gate up and fix the entryway into the house and the BBQ area.  Followed by a complete paint job to minimize the chances of slivers. 

I'm working slowly on Regatta Tee.  I've finished the front and \I'm working on the back but I won't be finished by the end of the knit-along.



No comments:

Post a Comment