Thursday 12 February 2015

Chuck Sweater

Pattern:  Chuck by Andi Satterlund
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios

I knit this along with the Selfish Sweater KAL hosted in the Untangling Knots group on Ravelry.

I made this sweater not quite sure about how often I would wear it but I think I may become a convert to having some cropped sweaters in my collection.  I made this corduroy skirt to go with it.  The skirt is high-waisted  and works really well with the cropped length of the sweater. 

Modifications:  The armhole was really huge.  I followed the pattern directions exactly.  I should have joined the front and back panel together when the measurement was 9 1/2 inches but instead I joined it later when the first cable pattern ended.  I didn't want to rip back and fix it so instead I just seamed the side closed a bit more under the arm before picking up the armhole stitches.  When I'm wearing the sweater you can't tell that I did that quick fix.

Other than the armhole problem it's a great pattern and so quick to knit with the cropped body and cropped sleeves. I would definitely make another one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment