Sunday 19 April 2015

Rainbow Hitchhiker and Lace Tee

Hitchhiker by Martina Behm

Yarn:  Vanilla Rainbow by YarnInk and Stroll Sock Yarn by Knitpicks

This is the yarn that I really wanted from YarnInk Studios.  My husband ordered me a skein of the Vanilla Rainbow and Pinkaliscious Rainbow and some grey lace yarn for Christmas. I knit the Pinkaliscious Rainbow yarn into a pair of zigzagular socks, which I like, but the beautiful colours almost get lost in the business of the yarn.

I knew with the Vanilla Rainbow I wanted to knit a shawl and after lots of different ideas I settled on doing the Hitchhiker shawl and alternating every 2 rows with a white yarn.

I ended up doing 37 teeth on my shawl.  I'm 37.  It seemed like a good place to stop.

And the best part is I still have 30 grams left, so I have enough to make a pair of socks, if I do the toe, heel and cuff in a contrast colour!





I love the result!  It's bright, it's colourful and the beauty of the rainbow stands out.  I think this is my favourite way to use a variegated yarn, alternate a plain yarn with the variegated.

The t-shirt I'm wearing has a lace panel front, which is difficult to see.  I made it using the free Deer and Doe Plantain Tee.  It's as comfortable to wear as a plain tee, but the lace makes it dressier for wearing to work, or dressing up a pair of jeans!  And now I've got the best scarf to wear with it!

So satisfying to get another knit off my needles.  Looks like I'll be able to wear it this week coming up as the weather is going to be wet and rainy.  Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment