Wednesday 6 May 2015

Natalie Top take 2

I finished this top in the late fall, took pictures in the winter and I'm finally posting about it now!
The pattern is the Natalie top by Liola Patterns. It is available on the Indie Sew website.
I bought this fabric in the summer on my fabric expedition into Toronto.  I knew I wanted to make this top with it but I wanted to make another version first before I cut into this fabric. So I made a wearable muslin out of this blue fabric. I do wear this one but it wrinkles horribly quickly. The next one I made was this green one. You can read about it here.  I made the green one tunic length but over the winter I cut it off and hemmed it to be the same length as these ones.
For this version I cut a medium.  I shortened the opening at the top by 1 inch.  I also added some darts in the back to help with the fit. 




It's my favourite top I've ever made.  The fabric is so soft and the fit is just perfect.  Roomy enough to be comfortable all day and fitted enough to be flattering. I love it!  What is your favourite top pattern?



1 comment:

  1. Hi Christa,




    I love your blog! I recently made a list of bloggers who sew bras, in order to make them easier to find. You can find it at http://iammsfrizzle.blogspot.com/2014/10/bra-sewing-bloggers-by-size.html I hope you don’t mind being on it, please let me know if you want to be removed.



    Thank you,




    Maren Geroux

    Iammsfrizzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete